Ecosystem Services Partnership (ESP) Conference 2012: Ecosystem services come of age: linking science, policy, and participation for sustainable human well-being
31st Jul – 4th Aug 2012, in Portland, USA
Working Group session was convened by members of the SGAN Secretariat, with support from Roy Haines-Young (University of Nottingham, UK) on Tools and approaches for monitoring and measuring ecosystem services at the national and sub-national level.
The meeting's objectives were:
- To identify the:
- Knowledge gaps in selected tools available to assessment practitioners
- Challenges in applying these tools in SGAs
- Steps and solutions required to fill knowledge gaps and address the challenges in application of these tools.
- To build capacity of participants to carry out and identify the need for ecosystem assessments (through a case study approach).
- To increase participants’ awareness of the SGA Network and its purpose.
- To promote exchange and networking amongst practitioners involved in developing and applying assessment tools.